Terms and Conditions
- The customer authorises OC Energy Pty Ltd (“OC Energy”) to act as agent and facilitator for the on-selling of electricity to the property on the terms and conditions set out below.
- The customer agrees:
- OC Energy or its representative may take all steps necessary to provide electricity to the property,
- OC Energy may enter the property to read, connect, disconnect, inspect, test maintain, repair, update and/or remove the metering equipment,
- all meters and associated equipment remains the property of OC Energy,
- not to interfere with, alter or damage in any way any metering equipment or electrical wiring installed by or belonging to OC Energy,
- if this agreement is signed by more than one person, then each person will be jointly and severally liable under this agreement.
- The customer acknowledges that he/she has the right to elect to purchase electricity from a licensed retailer of his/her choice.
Fees and Charges
- The customer agrees to pay to OC Energy the charges for and associated with the supply and usage of electricity at the property. The charges will be at the relevant tariff and service to property rate set by OC Energy from time to time. The customer acknowledges that these rates may change, and that if they do change, OC Energy will give the customer notice as soon as practicable and, in any event, no later that the customer’s next bill.
- OC Energy may charge additional fees for:
- connection or disconnection of the customer’s service;
- same day or next day connection;
- reconnection of a service which has been suspended or disconnected by OC Energy for non-payment by the customer;
- a final meter read where the customer terminates this agreement;
- postage and handling fees where the customer requests invoices be sent by post;
- payment processing fees where payment is made by credit card; and
- any bank, merchant or re-processing fees incurred by OC Energy as a consequence of a declined payment from the customer.
- The customer acknowledges that the cost of any charge or fee referred to above can be obtained by contacting OC Energy.
- If any tax, impost or similar charge is imposed on OC Energy (either directly or indirectly) in respect of carbon emissions or greenhouse gas emissions, OC Energy may increase the relevant tariff to include such tax, impost or similar charge.
- The customer must give OC Energy not less than 3 days written notice if the customer wishes to disconnect the electricity supply to the property. To be valid, the notice must include a forwarding address to which a final bill may be sent. If valid notification has not been given to OC Energy, then the customer agrees that the customer will remain liable for all charges incurred under this agreement until 3 days after a valid notice is given to OC Energy.
- The customer agrees to OC Energy charging to the customer’s credit card on or after the due date for payment the outstanding amount payable for all charges for the supply and consumption of electricity at the property billed under this agreement. This authority continues until payment in full of the customer’s last bill issued after the customer has given a disconnection notice under clause 8 of this agreement.
- If the customer does not provide credit card details with this agreement, then OC Energy reserves the right to refuse electricity supply to the property, or to disconnect supply if the customer refuses to provide credit card details when requested by OC Energy (unless OC Energy specifically waives this requirement).
- The customer shall be liable for any expenses, costs or disbursements incurred by OC Energy in recovering any monies owing to it, including but not limited to debt collection agency fees and legal costs.
- Where the customer is a tenant occupying the property, the customer irrevocably authorise OC Energy and the leasing agent to deduct from the customer’s rental bond any amount owing to OC Energy on a final bill issued to the customer.
- The customer authorises OC Energy to provide information about the customer to credit reporting agencies for the purpose of obtaining a credit report.
- The customer acknowledges that OC Energy does not own or operator the electrical network and related infrastructure (except the meter and associated equipment) through which electricity is provided. The customer agrees that OC Energy, its representatives, employees and agents are not responsible, nor liable for any failure, interruption or fault in the supply of electricity to the property.
- To maximum extent permitted by law, the customer releases OC Energy, its employees, agents and representatives from all claims and all liability whatsoever arising from or related to the supply and use of electricity by the customer, including but not limited to all claims for financial loss, any claim by a third party, and for property damage.
- OC Energy’s liability under this Agreement is limited to the maximum extent permitted by section 64A of Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). To the extent that it is fair and reasonable to do so, OC Energy’s liability under this Agreement is limited to the cost of electricity supply for any period during which supply has been affected.